Farm raised, country rooted, city livin’, dreaming big. Hi, I’m Christina, the voice behind The Passionate Voice, a space I created to share thoughts and experiences as both a career and lifestyle blogger. Needing resources and tools to navigate in this social media driven world? Want tips on how to further your communications skills as an individual, brand or in the corporate space? Have a desire to learn from a new mom on how she navigates both business and parenthood in this crazy 24/7 world we live in? Looking for a blog to read that shares honest (and sometimes random) thoughts relating to work, life, play and the latest news items of the day? Then this is the space, so pull up a chair.
I’m fiercely passionate about many things which is evident when I talk about those things. Its how the name The Passionate Voice came to be after someone related it to how I sound when I talk. I hope a good thing….
What are some of those things I love?
- Talking, listening, communicating – it is the most fundamental skill we possess as humans.
- Politics – now this one always sparks a good debate.
- Volunteering & Public Service
- Fonts, yes random.
- Interior design
- A good ol’ planner
- Fresh flowers
- All Dressed Chips and Big Macs.
- Coffee.. isn’t this on everyone’s list?
- Hawaiian sprinkled donuts. They make me smile no matter what mood.
- A good biography or #GirlBoss read
- Neuroscience (the way the brain works) – would have been my second career choice.
- Long walks – its where I get my best ideas.
- Magnolia Journal
- Starbuck’s Hot Chocolate
- A chat about dairy cows. Any day of the week.
- And of course the obvious of my husband, babe, and family and friends.
I’ve always been passionate about three things when it came to work: agriculture, people and communications. Today, I am fortunate to be pursuing a career where these things now intersect. After graduating from the University of Guelph with a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Agriculture Business and a Certification in Digital Media from Harvard University, I’ve had the opportunity to work in government, non-for-profit, politics and in the corporate environment both in and outside of agriculture.
Specializing in strategic communications, digital content and strategy, social media, writing and speaking, simply put, I work to communicate a message. And I also help others communicate their message.
I work with individuals, executives, businesses and companies to communicate what their passionate about to their intended audiences. I help them to bring up their social media game, elevate their digital presence and be influential through their communications channels and platforms. Helping others is what motivates me every day.
Interested in what I do and offer? Think there may be a chance we can work together? Want to have a chat over a coffee? I’d love to, too. I love hearing from fellow passionate voices! You can find out more here. In the meantime, tour around the website, enjoy reading my blog and don’t be afraid to get in touch.
- Recognized as 1 of 10 Alumni of Impact within 10 years of graduating, University of Guelph
- Certificate in Digital Media, Harvard University
- Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Agriculture Business with specialization in Communications & Leadership
- Board of Director, Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture, University of Guelph Alumni Association & Ag Women’s Network
- TV Host & Producer, NextGen, Rogers TV
- Winner, 2007 Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture
- Winner, 2005-2006 Canadian National Exhibition Ambassador of the Fairs
- Speaker at various events across Canada including the Western Canadian Dairy Seminar, Alberta Milk Next Generation Forum, and Dairy Farmers of Canada Policy Conference
- 1 of 5 Canadians selected for Young Dairy Leaders Institute (YDLI) leadership development training program
Disclaimer: All of the thoughts, material, and information provided on this website do not reflect those of my employers or clients and are developed through schooling, experience, and research.